Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Frequent Owls! readers may have correctly inferred that the myriad abominations* committed by the current presidential administration have caused me to reevaluate and often abandon many of my long-held political beliefs. (*How about that recent directive, quickly & surprisingly rescinded, that blithely gutted organic food standards to allow antibiotics and growth hormones in "organic" meat? My stars, the casual perversity.) Never was this more dramatically apparent to me than it was yesterday, as I looked at a photo of Michael Moore posing with his Palme d'Or from Cannes. How did I react to his ersatz "Aw shucks, l'il ol' me?" posturing, to his blatantly triumphalist grin? Did I sneer or scowl or whistle derisively? Reader, I grinned back! Everything's gone topsy-turvy, I'm saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home