Tuesday, August 31, 2004

To my dear friends: you cannot have it both ways. I realize that my political reorientation may cause dizziness, nausea and disorientation among you, given its vertiginous speed, but consistency is still a virtue, whether I've displayed it myself or not. You must pick one area of political mockery of me and stick with it. You may not jeeringly ask me if I am going to be among the pro-Bush counter-demonstrators at the Republican National Convention (like those carrying the "BUSH A-OK" placards - nice argument!), and three minutes later shriek "Leftist!" too close to my ear if I haltingly advance some defense of humanist prison reform. Which is it, cherisheds? Am I still the purported cryptofascist who has bravely taken your collective pinko assaults for years, or am I now a more violent shade of pink than even you people? *Pick a line of attack and stick with it.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home