Friday, August 27, 2004

As a devoted hypocrite, I occasionally slice people out of my life for agreeing with me, when what's being agreed upon is something I wish were not the case. In other words, if a criticism stings me because it is true, I am the only one permitted to voice it. Ben Kingsley's acting, I realized today though compulsive reading of all available reviews of his current film, is one such area. Mr. [Lord] Kingsley can chomp at a set sometimes. He can chew through some sturdy scenery. Acknowledged. However: state this and you have made yourself an enemy. You think he went over the top in "Sexy Beast"? Duh, of course he did. But if you ever even hint at this non-disputed fact in my presence, I will remove myself for your company for at least a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home